Sporting Club Grants Program
Applications open: Tuesday 20 February 2024
Applications close: 4pm Wednesday 20 March 2024
The Sporting Club Grants Program provides funding for community sport and active recreation organisations across Victoria.
Access to this funding helps grassroots clubs and organisations address barriers in participation, develop safe and sustainable practices and build social and active local communities.
This program assists organisations to:
- acquire uniforms and equipment that are essential for participation , first-aid and safety
- attract, build the capability and retain a skilled workforce – both volunteer and paid
- increase equity, diversity and inclusiveness
- implement good governance practices
- increase participation of individuals and communities who participate less
- create opportunities so Victorians can participate in ways that suit them
- build a robust sector that responds to current and changing community needs
- support athletes to achieve success in their sport at the highest level.
Applications are only accepted from community-based organisations involved in the delivery of sport and active recreation in Victoria. Applicants must be non-government, not-for-profit, operating in Victoria.
There are four grant categories:
Category 1: On-field Uniforms or Equipment
Up to $1,000 to purchase on-field playing uniforms, participation equipment for competitors and active participants, safety, injury prevention and first-aid equipment.
Category 2: Volunteers and Officials
Up to $2,000 for projects that provide practical improvements to strengthen volunteering and officiating.
Category 3: Access and Engagement
Up to $1,000 to assist with funding for tools and resources that improve accessibility, governance and strengthen engagement with members and participants.
Up to $4,000 to plan and deliver a new sport or active recreation program.
Category 4: Competitors
Up to $750 towards the costs of travel, accommodation and event registration fees for individual athletes selected to attend representative competition, selection trials or training camps.
Applicants can only submit one application, across Categories 1, 2 and 3.
All applicants can submit one or more applications in Category 4.
Introducing The No Nasties Project!
Sports Community is proud to acknowledge and bring attention to the fine work that is being completed by The No Nasties Project. The No Nasties Project is on a crusade...
By Isabella Serrano
10 Reasons to Volunteer at your Club
In this modern age, it seems many people just aren't as interested in sports volunteering as they were in the past. There are numerous reasons why your community should get...
By Isabella Serrano