Young Athletes Travel Subsidy – QLD
Grants - Open grants, QLD Grants
Closing Date – ONGOING
The Young Athletes Travel Subsidy (travel subsidy) replaced the Young Athlete Assistance Program (YAAP) on 1 July 2015. This travel subsidy provides additional financial assistance through 3 event tiers and supports attendance at specific state, national and international events.
Subsidies are provided retrospectively under a tiered funding model, with applicants eligible once every 2 calendar years at each tier. Athletes and officials can only apply after they have competed or officiated at an event and within 6 months of participating.
The travel subsidy aims to foster the development of young athletes and support elite athlete pathways by providing financial assistance to help alleviate the costs associated with attending championship events.
Officials (such as coaches, referees and scorers) attending eligible events can also apply for assistance if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Who is eligible?
Applicants eligible to apply for support after attending the event are those who:
- have competed or officiated (as a coach, referee or scorer) at an eligible Queensland state or state school event, Australian national or national school event or international event in the past 6 months
- have been residents of Queensland for at least 12 months preceding the event
- are under the age of 18 at the start of the event
- travelled a road distance of at least 250km (one-way) from their place of residence to the event location (check road distances using RACQ’s trip planner)
- flew or travelled by rail a radial distance of at least 250km (one-way) from their place of residence to the event location (check radial distances)
- have their participation at the event confirmed by the regional/state/national coach or manager.
- Ask a question about a service on Twitter (@askqgov) or Facebook (AskQGOV).
- Within Australia: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- International callers: +617 3405 0985 (+10 hours UTC)
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas