National Bushfire Recovery Fund
Grants - Open grants, National Grants
This grant is ongoing.
This Fund aims to support all recovery efforts across Australia over the next two years. It is focused on connecting people, communities, primary producers and businesses with the services and assistance they may need to rebuild and recover to support the recovery of all Australians.
The Australian Government has taken action to establish the National Bushfire Recovery Agency to immediately lead and coordinate a national response to rebuilding communities affected by bushfires across large parts of Australia. The Agency will work shoulder to shoulder with and for communities and collaborate with all levels of government, industry experts, business and charity sectors.
Recovery assistance include:
1. Families and individuals
– The Australian Government has put measures in place so that families and individuals affected by bushfires can access resources quickly to ease the stress during the recovery phase.
– Services Australia have special arrangements in place to help bushfire affected communities, including Mobile Service Centres and Mobile Service Teams. They can help access all Australian Government payment services.
2. Small business and primary producers
– Recovery grants of up to $50,000 (tax free) for eligible small businesses and non-profit organisations under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements – to build on the recovery grants put in place by state governments.
– Concessional loans of up to $500,000 for eligible small businesses (including farmers, fishers and foresters) and non-profit organisations who have suffered significant asset loss of significant loss to revenue.
– Tax relief assistance for businesses in identified bushfire-impacted postcodes to alleviate cash flow pressures and assist with recovery efforts.
– Emergency Bushfire Response – Primary Industries Grants Program to be administered by:
a) NSW Rural Assistance Authority
b) Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority
c) Primary Industries and Regions SA
d) Rural Finance (VIC)
– The Australian Government has released a $76 million tourism recovery package focused on protecting jobs, small businesses and local economies by helping to get tourists travelling across the nation again.
4. Wildlife and habitat restoration
– The Australian Government is providing an initial $50 million for emergency wildlife and habitat recovery.
– This package will provide immediate support to protect wildlife, and work with scientists, ecologists, communities and land managers to plan the longer-term protection and restoration effort.
5. Local government
– To help the most severely bushfire-impacted councils to quickly rebuild vital infrastructure and strengthen their community’s resilience, the Australian Government is providing initial and immediate payments under the Local Government Areas (LGAs) Grants Package (the Package).
– Under this package, 43 councils have been provided $1 million lump sum payments.
An initial funding pool of $2 billion is available, which is in addition to other services and support available under existing natural disaster support mechanisms.
As announced by Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, the indicative cost to the budget would be $500 million this financial year, followed by $1 billion in 2020-21 and $500 million in 2021-22, however, more funding would be brought forward if needed.
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas