Professional Development Webinar Training for Councils and Peak Sports Bodies
Our Services, Webinar Training
Why did Sports Community create a training course for sports professionals?
Staff working directly with community sports club volunteers are getting inundated with queries and requests for information, help and support. To help to fill these needs, Sports Community has created the Professional Development Training Series.
Volunteers are asking about an ever-increasing range of topics from club governance, complaints management, volunteer and participation recruitment and retention, fundraising, and marketing just to name a few of the areas.
The Sports Community nine-part webinar series has been developed to give you, your staff and your colleagues the information you need to help and support your community clubs and their volunteers.
The webinar series will introduce attendees to the best practice, research, or information available. After each session, we will provide you with great case studies, practical examples, resources, and templates which you can then use to empower your volunteers and their clubs.
When is it happening and what will be covered?
All sessions begin at 2:00 PM AEDT and last one hour.
- Session 1: 10 March 2022 The characteristics of successful clubs.
- Session 2: 24 March 2022 The barriers to volunteering
- Session 3: 7 April 2022 Unlocking the powers of strategic planning
- Session 4: 21 April 2022 Creating a culture of volunteering
- Session 5: 5 May 2022 Active Exchange – Decision making in sport
- Session 6: 19 May 2022 Sports technology – what does the future hold
- Session 7: 2 June 2022 How Participation Has Changed and How Clubs Can Embrace This Change
- Session 8: 16 June 2022 Facility redevelopment: How to Create “Shovel Ready” Projects.
- Session 9: 30 June 2022 Sports integrity – child safety, member protection, and complaint resolution
- Session 10: 14 July 2022 Crisis Management and how to run club based investigations
Who should attend this series of training sessions?
Anyone working with and supporting community sports, but participants are generally:
- Local council staff, State and Territory Government Sport and Recreation Staff,
- Club and policy development staff from State and National sporting bodies,
- Staff from Associations, Leagues and Competitions,
- University Sports – Club Development Staff.
- Anyone wanting to understand the issues faced by club volunteers, and how to deal with them.
As a sports professional, how will you benefit from this?
You will learn:
- The best practices to employ when liaising with sports club volunteers.
- Where to find the most relevant and reliable information for volunteers.
- Downloadable PDFs to assist you in implementing this new-found knowledge.
- How to best communicate with club volunteers, instil confidence in them and ensure that no one is left with unanswered questions.
You will get:
- A workbook containing overviews of each session, and content for you to follow along in the webinar.
- Access to a network of sports club professionals Australia-wide, from all kinds of sporting backgrounds.
- Opportunities to ask the presenter any questions at the end of the webinar (designated question time).
- Recordings of each webinar emailed to you a day after airing, so you can re-watch a session or catch-up if you miss one.
Now more than ever, your volunteers need help and support for not only themselves, but for their club. You can do just that through Sports Community and set your clubs up for a successful 2021.
Want to know what a webinar is all about – check out the video.
Time to make your role at your club a whole lot easier?
- When does each course start?
You can log in to your session 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
This is a great opportunity to check your connection as well as make the most of the time with your presenter and other participants. During this 30 minutes you can ask any questions specific to your club and ensure you get the answers you are looking for.
- How many times can I access the online course?
After the session a recording of the course will be sent to you to view at your leisure. (Please note: Free webinars are not recorded)
- What is included?
For most courses you will not only receive the webinar training but also a worksheet and links to the best resources in the country on your training topic.
Steve's vision of a one-stop shop for all grassroots sports club where club volunteers and administrators can learn, share and grow has come to fruition in Sports Community. His passion for working with local grassroots sports clubs led him to developing Sports Community from just an idea into a multimedia information portal with a thriving online community.
Sports community went above and beyond in working with us to provide development opportunities for our sporting clubs. Their vast array of options allowed us to hold both a face to face session and webinars - this was pivotal in reaching a wider network of people. In addition, sports community were very accommodating with discussion topics we wanted to present to our clubs, and offered to design content to reflect our needs. Their friendly and approachable staff made the experience very positive and I could not recommend them highly enough - definitely would utilise their service again.
“Aside from sharing their own extensive knowledge, Sports Community's webinar series are a fantastic way to engage with others in the industry and hear case studies of what has worked in other councils and sporting organisations. "I have taken at least one new idea out of each session and there is always a great balance of practical tips that you can utilise straight away, and thought-provoking concepts that lead to new thinking. "Sports Community's commitment to taking on feedback and always improving ensure that the webinars only get better and that they always provide a great engaging experience.”
“Archery Australia contracted Sports Community to assist in developing and producing Documentation to update its National Coaching Program. "In conjunction with the AA National Coaching Committee Chair, work undertaken was in the following areas:
- Develop framework documentation to ultimately assist AA in seeking NCAS accreditation
- Review process for delivery of coach syllabuses
- Develop in-course workbooks
- Develop in-course presentation material
- Develop online learning modules
- Develop assessment processes
"It’s been so great working with Steve and the Sports Community team on a variety of Association Development training and leadership opportunities throughout 2015. "Their expertise and knowledge about sport, not for profits and community has been refreshing and our members and associations have certainly benefited from this. "The best thing about Sports Community is that they listened to our organisation’s needs and tailor made training opportunities to match. We look forward to continuing our work with Sports Community”
"I have really enjoyed the Sports Community webinars and found them valuable and informative. "It has captured some real challenges that are faced by the sporting community with some simple yet effective skills to pass onto our clubs."
"The whole team at Sports Community has been great to work with. "They are always positive and quick to reply. One-hour webinars every couple weeks are perfect as they don't take too much time out of your busy work schedule. "Presenters of the webinars make potential complex issues quite simple and the recordings of the webinars are a great idea. "They have been helpful a few times when I have gone back and reviewed some of the content."
“The New South Wales Fencing Association engaged Sports Community to present a course to our coaches to help them understand the wider environment in which young people are learning the art of fencing, or any sport. "The session delivered by Amanda Vanderwal - 360 Degrees of Coaching - fully met our expectations. "Amanda took our coaches on a tour of the many factors that influence the lives of our young athletes, not least the impact of social media, and helped them to place their work with their students in a broader context. "As a successful professional coach herself, Amanda was able to pass on what she has learned to our coaches in a way they could easily relate to and adapt to their own teaching. "All of our coaches who attended the session say they learned from it and we intend to make 360 Degrees of Coaching a key component of our coach training program.”
"We have worked with Sports Community on a number of projects, however most recently they assisted with the recording and production of three online training videos. "Joe made us feel comfortable in our delivery and the turnaround time was exactly as quoted. "The end product was exactly what we’d hoped for and I’d have no hesitation in recommending their services."
"Bowls Victoria has enjoyed a successful partnership with Sports Community to develop and deliver a whole-of-sport club training program over the past two years. "The program was managed well and to expectations with training programs staged in metropolitan and regional areas across Victoria. "Very positive responses were obtained from attendees with benefits being experienced by clubs virtually straight away. "Bowls Victoria is confident recommendations in respect to our relationships with Sports Community are based on accurate feedback from our client base and our own individual dealings through its management and staff."
“The Yarra Ranges Council has a strong history with Sports Community, who has delivered our annual Sports Club Training Program for the past four years. "We have received nothing but positive feedback from our local clubs who attend, most often commenting that the workshops are well worth the time to attend. "Working in partnership with Sports Community, the Yarra Ranges has been able to craft the workshops to cover particular topics relevant to Yarra Ranges sports clubs. "I highly recommend Sports Community as a valuable resource for both local government and sports club volunteers.”
"We are very grateful to Sports Community for their help in our Strategic Planning Process. "They were able to assist us from the beginning and made sure all of the important groups were represented. They led a positive and effective meeting that resulted in very strong goals for our club. "The stakeholders of our club have also reacted positively to our direction thanks to the additional communication. We are excited to continue to work together to see our objectives are achieved."
"I have worked with Steve and Sports Community for a number of years and have found them very accommodating, relaxed and knowledgeable. "The workshops Sports Community has delivered have been at the perfect pitch for grassroots clubs, full of practical and easy to implement suggestions. "Sports Community’s online learning makes it even easier for clubs in country areas to access training and information. Totally recommend Sports Community."