Get Expert Guidance For Your Club for only $79. Find Out More


14 Feb 2024

Community sports clubs are forever undertaking fundraising activities, continually seeking new and preferably easy ways to raise funds. Few club realise that many fundraising activities, such as raffles or even footy tipping, may require permits, follow specific procedures and even undertake reporting specific to a given fundraising activity.

In the Northern Territory, fundraising activities are governed by the Gaming Control Act and the Community Gaming Regulations, and administered by Licensing NT which is part of the NT government. The NT government has a fantastic website with a lot of information specifically for sports clubs.

This information can be accessed by clicking here


General Information for Clubs

In the Northern Territory to undertake most community gambling and fundraising activities the club must be registered as an approved association. Click here to determine if your club needs to become an approved association and the process to do this


For further information

If you require further information relating to running fundraising activities in Northern Territory Licensing:

Telephone: (08) 8999 1800 or email:​