North West Travel Subsidy
Grants - Open grants, WA Grants
The North West Travel Subsidy is an ongoing initiative designed to assist young athletes from the North West with travel costs. Up to $800 is available for athletes and up to $2500 is available for teams.
It aims to encourage participation in identified sport and recreation activities for athletes living in the regions of:
- Remote locations within the Mid West and Goldfields.
North West Travel Subsidy is not an open funding scheme and is only available to athletes by way of application from their Regional or State Sporting Association or another relevant not-for-profit organisation approved by the department.
- Regionally-based athletes representing their sport
- Funding support for Gascoyne, Kimberley, Pilbara, remote locations within the Mid West and Goldfields regions only
- Funding amount depends on the region and the event.
Who can apply
Applicants must reside within a designated region. Eligibility is limited to athletes aged 13-18* who reside within recognised regions for this scheme and representing their sport or active-recreation individual club or association.
*In certain circumstances, the department may consider athletes outside of this age-band on a case by case basis.
Organisations/associations must be:
- affiliated with a State Sporting Association or Industry Peak Body recognised by the department
- incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (WA)
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have acquitted all previous department grants.
Organisations will be required to have current Public Liability Insurance to the value of ten million dollars per claim or occurrence giving rise to a claim. A certificate of currency of insurance for the coming year should be provided upon application.
Who cannot apply
Organisations not eligible include individuals, groups of individuals, organisations seeking funds for metropolitan based programs, State Government departments and agencies and educational institutions including schools, universities and TAFE colleges.
Funding may be used for
- Regular competitions recognised by a state controlling body;
- Travel to training and development camps;
- Representative fixtures (excluding State and National) and carnivals; and
- Inter-town journeys over 500km return.
Applicants must comply with all requirements as listed above to be eligible for assistance.
Funding may not be used for
- School sport activities and travel to State and National events.
Who can apply
- Community organisations
- Individual (Gascoyne inter-regional): Up to $600 per person
- Individual (Gascoyne to Perth): Up to $600 per person
- Individual (Kimberley inter-regional): Up to $600 per person
- Individual (Kimberley to Perth): Up to $800 per person
- Individual (Pilbara inter-regional): Up to $600 per person
- Individual (Pilbara to Perth): Up to $700 per person
- Team (Gascoyne inter-regional): Up to $2000 per sport
- Team (Gascoyne to Perth): Up to $2000 per sport
- Team (Kimberley inter-regional): Up to $2000 per sport
- Team (Kimberley to Perth): Up to $2500 per sport
- Team (Pilbara inter-regional): Up to $2000 per sport
- Team (Pilbara to Perth): Up to $2300 per sport
How to apply
Completed application forms are submitted through the department’s regional office in which the applicant body is located and/or the program/event is being conducted. All supporting documentation is required with each application.
Introducing The No Nasties Project!
Sports Community is proud to acknowledge and bring attention to the fine work that is being completed by The No Nasties Project. The No Nasties Project is on a crusade...
By Isabella Serrano
10 Reasons to Volunteer at your Club
In this modern age, it seems many people just aren't as interested in sports volunteering as they were in the past. There are numerous reasons why your community should get...
By Isabella Serrano