Grants - Open grants, WA Grants
The KidSport grant program is ongoing.
Vouchers of up to $150 are available per calendar year to assist in registering with an approved KidSport sporting club or organisation.
GST registered clubs will be paid up to $150 inclusive of GST for each KidSport voucher code. Clubs that are not registered for GST will not be paid GST.
This program aims to support Western Australian children aged 5 to 18 years old to participate in community sport. Its primary objective is to reduce the financial barrier of participation in community sport for low-income families.
The voucher offers:
– Represent payment or part thereof of registration/membership fees.
– Are valid for 90 days from the date of approval.
– Can only be redeemed through approved KidSport Clubs.
Applications are assessed by the local government in which the child resides or by the KidSport team at the department. If an application is approved, the KidSport team will email the applicant a voucher code (unique to the child). The code needs to be provided to the club when registering so that the approved amount can be deducted from the registration or membership fees.
Who Can Apply?:
Eligible applicants must be:
– Aged 5 to 18 years old.
– Listed on a valid Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with a corresponding customer reference number (CRN).
The parent/guardian of a KidSport applicant is required to:
– Confirm the child’s eligibility.
– Apply online on the department’s website or hard copy application form.
Families who do not have a concession card but are experiencing significant financial hardship, as a result of an unforeseen situation, may apply for a financial exception through a KidSport Financial Assessor.
To be an eligible KidSport club, a club needs to deliver a recognised sport and be either a community sports club, incorporated organisation, business, school or Parents and Citizens Association that meet the mandatory criteria.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete eligibility requirements.
Main Assessment Criteria:
The following are not eligible as part of the program:
– Organisations delivering multi-sport programs.
– Gym memberships.
– Activities or programs that are a part of the school curriculum or held during school hours.
– Interschool sporting competitions.
– State Sporting Associations, unless there is demonstrated evidence that there are no junior community clubs catering for children aged 5 to 18 years old.
– Federal, state or local government agencies.
– Organisations that already receive participation or program funding through the department where the funding contributes to subsidising club fees.
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas