Emerging Athlete Pathways Subsidy
Grants - Open grants, QLD Grants
The Emerging Athlete Pathways Subsidy grant is ongoing. However, closing dates depend on what you apply for.
Subsidies are available in three funding tiers (GST exclusive):
– State or State school events: Up to $200
– National or national school event: Up to $400
– International events: Up to $600
Emerging Athlete Pathways Subsidy program will allow up to a maximum of $1,200 in financial assistance over the three event tiers, once every two calendar years.
This program, formerly known as Young Athletes Travel Subsidy, aims to foster the development of young athletes and officials by providing funding support to help alleviate the costs associated with attending championship events.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, applications may be indefinitely suspended at any point.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants include individuals who:
– Have competed or officiated (as a coach, referee or scorer) at an eligible Queensland State or State school event, Australian national or national school event or international event in the past six months.
– Have been residents of Queensland for at least 12 months preceding the event.
– Are under the age of 18 at the start of the event.
– Travelled a road distance of at least 250 km (one-way) from their place of residence to the event location (check road distances using RACQ’s trip planner).
– Flew or travelled by rail a radial distance of at least 250 km (one-way) from their place of residence to the event location (check radial distances).
– Have their participation at the event confirmed by the regional/State/national coach or manager.
Eligible events are posted in the website. Ensure that the event is listed prior to attending the event.
However, if the championship event is not on the list, please contact the relevant State sport and recreation organisation or Queensland School Sport (for school-based events) to request the event be submitted for consideration under the travel subsidy.
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas