St.George Foundation Community Grant
ACT Grants, Grants - Open grants, NSW Grants, QLD Grants, WA Grants
The St.George Foundation Community grant is ongoing until notified.
St.George Foundation has two Community Grant funding rounds each year where selected, eligible Australian children’s charities are granted up to $50,000. Community Grants aim to support grassroots projects that brighten the lives of children experiencing disadvantage. The St.George Foundation aims to invest in projects that will improve the lives of children in Australia who are experiencing a physical, social or economic disadvantage. As well as partner with small community organisations who attract little funding from government and who aren’t big enough to generate significant fundraising income on their own.
To be eligible for funding your organisation will
- Focus your efforts on children in Australia under the age of 24 years.
- Be located in NSW, ACT, QLD or WA.
- Have an annual gross revenue of less than $5M.
- Receive less than 40% of your income from state, federal or local government funding (unless you have an income less than $1M per annum, in which case your government funding can exceed 40%).
- Provide recent, audited financial statements, signed by the auditor.
- Be endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (but not another ancillary fund). Deductible Gift Recipients must be listed with the Australian Taxation Office under Item 1 of the Table in Section 30–15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act, 1997.
What we do fund
- Children’s projects in NSW, ACT, QLD, WA.
- Early intervention services.
- Educational equipment and assistance.
- Youth workers.
- Recreational and respite programs.
- Counselling and therapy.
- Medical equipment.
What we don’t fund
- Projects or treatments in VIC, TAS, SA, NT (unless the project is national in scope); or projects outside Australia.
- Organisations with revenue of more than $5M per annum.
- Organisations that receive more than 40% of their annual funding from government (unless they have an income of under $1M per annum).
- Applications that do not include recent, audited financial statements, signed by the auditor.
- Auspiced applications.
- Sponsorship or fundraising appeals.
- Parenting programs or programs for adults.
- Residential camps, except where that is the core purpose of the applicant organisation.
- St.George Foundation cannot give funding to individuals or organisations that are not eligible recipients.
- The Governors of St.George Foundation meet twice per year to consider applications for Community Grants of up to $50,000.
- In the interest of supporting many different communities, our Governors prefer not to support any one organisation for more than three consecutive years.
- Applicants should wait until their previous project is acquitted before submitting a subsequent application. Generally, this will be at least one year between applications.
- In this application you will be required to provide the name and contact details of a St.George Banking Group employee who is willing to act as a referee for your project.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, we regret that we are unable to provide feedback on individual applications.
- From time to time, the Governors may choose to partner with a larger charity on a project that addresses an issue which they deem to be of potential benefit to many of the children we support.
- Projects servicing Victoria should be applied for via Bank of Melbourne Foundation.
- Projects servicing South Australia or the Northern Territory should be applied for via BankSA Foundation.
Introducing The No Nasties Project!
Sports Community is proud to acknowledge and bring attention to the fine work that is being completed by The No Nasties Project. The No Nasties Project is on a crusade...
By Isabella Serrano
10 Reasons to Volunteer at your Club
In this modern age, it seems many people just aren't as interested in sports volunteering as they were in the past. There are numerous reasons why your community should get...
By Isabella Serrano