A comprehensive series of lessons on conducting effective meetings at your club
Wednesday 23rd May 2018
Wednesday 30th May 2018
Wednesday 06th June 2018
Wednesday 13th June 2018
Time: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Feedback from past webinar series:
“Very informative, another good resource, topics really good and appropriate, great to get ideas too.”
“Really really good, really enjoyed it. Live chat on the side was very handy. Great to be able to ask a question when you think of it and to get other peoples’ suggestions.”
“Great, really pleased. It was good doing it again later – I could pause and relisten.”
How to Run Effective Committee Meetings and AGM’s
This series is designed for club administrators, committee members and club members who wish to learn how to effectively run a Committee Meeting and Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Participants will learn:
- The Roles and Responsibilities of committees.
- What should be discussed in a committee meeting?
- Understanding what tasks should be delegated
- The role of sub committees and how they should be overseen by committees
- Preparing for your committee meeting
- Understanding the power of a strong agenda
- Strategies to ensure your committee meetings run effectively
- What the committee should be doing between meetings?
23 May 18 Wednesday 1.1 Session 1 – Planning your year
30 May 18 Wednesday 1.2 Session 2 – Committee Meetings
6 June 18 Wednesday 1.3 Session 3 – Financial information
13 June 18 Wednesday 1.4 Session 4 – Annual General Meetings
The webinar series will provide you with:
- All the background information and legislative requirements relating to AGMs and Committee Meetings
- Most effective formats for meetings
- Save time before, during and after AGMs and committee meetings.
- Effective tools for planning
- The importance of agendas and meeting minutes
- Ensure committee meetings don’t go for hours and hours
- How to ensure your AGMs don’t get ambushed unexpectedly and remain engaging
Who should attend:
- Committee members
- Anyone else involved with holding and running committee meetings and AGMs
Sports Community Webinars
Become a Sports Community member today and make volunteering so much easier!
As a Sports Community member you get unrestricted access to every part of the Sports Community website as well as members only emails newsletters and access to offers and discounts only. As an Individual or Club member you will receive amongst other things, * 25% discount to all products in the Sports Community shop, * 25% discount to Sports Community webinar training programs and free quarterly training webinars with industry experts where you are able ask questions and interact.Join Now $59.00 YearFor More Information
A Sports Community Club membership allows you to nominate up to eight people who each get unrestricted access to the Sports Community website including procedures and online training videos, fortnightly emails with open grants and the latest information helping your volunteers as well as the following benefits - *25% discount on all products in the Sports Community Shop *25% discount on Sports Community webinar training programs and free quarterly training webinars with industry experts where you are able to ask questions and interact.Join Now $149.00 YearFor More Information
The changing face of development, training and knowledge sharing
For decades, organisations big and small relied on “on-the-job” training schemes or classroom training to develop their workforce. These training strategies worked fine for organisations with a centralised workforce but...
By Joe Novella
Should we be giving participation awards? …of course we should be!
Throughout 2018 I have been asked to present at a number of conferences around the country on tactics and strategies sports and their clubs can use to increase participation. ...
By Steve Pallas