For new Treasurers or those who need a refresher
Dates: Tuesday 07th April 2020
Tuesday 14th April 2020
Tuesday 21st April 2020
Tuesday 28th April 2020
Time: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Making it easy to be a successful Treasurer
USE DISCOUNT CODE FOR 20% OFF!
SCMATES – this will be a 20% discount making the price $39.95
SPORTSTG – this will be a 20% discount making the price $39.95
FRIENDS – this will be a 20% discount making the price $39.95
Being a club Treasurer is no small feat – and the role can seem overwhelming and demanding without proper guidance. This webinar series will give you practical tools to know what you are required to do, when, and the best way to get them done.
This webinar series will give you practical tools to successfully and confidently complete the role.
Register now for “Making it EASY to be a Successful Treasurer” to discover the best tips and tricks to be a successful Treasurer.
Who should attend this webinar?
There are a lot more people in your club than you would think!
- New treasurers – this course is the perfect induction for new treasurers, providing all the background information and a step by step methodology.
- Experienced treasurers – are amazed at how much they learn through the course and staggered at the techniques and how clever use of technology can make their role so much easier. Importantly, the course shows experienced treasures how to recruit the next treasurer and successfully empower the new person into the role.
- Assistant treasurers – All clubs should now be appointing one or more assistant treasurers, both to reduce the workload on the treasurer but also as part of the club’s succession planning strategy.
- Anybody thinking of becoming a treasure in the future – The perfect scenario is for those coming into the role of treasurer is to have all the knowledge and information they need to start the role strongly. This webinar training course is the perfect preparation.
If you are reading this, you are interested in becoming a strong and successful treasurer. This webinar series will help you to learn more about what your roles and responsibilities are as Treasurer, your obligations – both to your club and committee, but also the club’s legal obligations. It will help you to overcome barriers that Treasurer’s often come across using strong governance processes and tools to lift the weight off your shoulders.
How will you feel after you complete the webinar series?
After attending this training you will feel:
- Confident and in control in the role!
- Know exactly what needs to be done, when and how to do it!
- Have how to invite more people to share the workload!
- Know the secrets of successful treasurers!
- Be one of those treasurers that makes the role look easy!
- Know the information you need, but no one ever tells you!
- Understand how to undertake the role in a short amount of time!
- Get your life back!
- Get some time to actually watch the sports activities of your club!
- Know exactly how to develop and recruit your club’s next treasurer!
If you are reading this, you are interested in becoming a strong and successful Treasurer. This webinar series will help you to learn more about what your roles and responsibilities are as Treasurer, your obligations – both to your club and committee, but also the club’s legal obligations. It will help you to overcome barriers that Treasurer’s often come across using strong governance processes and tools to lift the weight off your shoulders.
What topics are covered in each webinar?
Each webinar covers in detail the elements that make for a successful Treasurer, and ensure you save time and find ease in your role!
Webinar One – So you’re on the committee now what?
This is a session designed to guide participants through the:
- Responsibilities of committees and treasurers
- Legislative and financial management responsibilities
- Process of inducting your self into the role and understanding the information you need to get access to
- How to quickly determine the financial position of the club
Webinar two – How successful treasurers empower their committees to financially manage their club!
This session shows treasurers the information they truly need to provide to committees so they can effectively manage their club:
- Understand the difference between “score board” financial reports and “coaching” financial reports.
- Learn the secret power of budgets and projections and why every committee must use them.
- Learn the circumstances that allows financial fraud to exist in sports clubs and how to eliminate it from your club
- Learn why every club will eventually go “online” and how it makes every role in your club so much easier (including the treasurers)
Webinar three: A step by step guide to creating your clubs’ budget and cash flow statements:
Prepare a budget they say! This session takes you through a step by step process for preparing your club’s budget. This session includes:
- Identifies common revenues and expenses of sports clubs
- Shows what information you will need to prepare your clubs budget
- Shows you how to calculate/estimate each item
- How to combine all this information to create a club budget
- How to convert a budget into the most important financial report of all, your club’s cash flow statement.
- How to use these financial reports to empower your committee
Webinar four: End of year responsibilities and reporting to members:
Often, one of the most daunting times of the year is the end of the season and preparing the club’s financial accounts. This session shows treasurers how to successfully navigate this tricky time of the year. The session includes:
- Understand all the “operational” tasks of the year that need to be completed
- How to prepare your club’s financial accounts to members
- How to know if your club needs to have their financial accounts audited
- How to prepare your financial reports to members
- Learn what questions members usually ask at the AGM about your club’s financial reports and how to answer them confidently and accurately.
Can’t make a session? That’s okay!
All sessions are recorded and emailed to you, along with any relevant supporting resources.
Meet your presenter:
I was you.
I’m Steve Pallas, founder of Sports Community.
At 20 years old, I was “elected” to the role of secretary at my cricket club. I thought it would be a walk in the park. I was wrong. Very wrong.
I soon discovered I was in over my head, with no idea what to do, no support and no resources to help me.
I felt hopeless, embarrassed and alone.
Many years later I became the CEO of our local football/netball league and as I worked closely with the 35 clubs in the league I realised it wasn’t just me who had encountered this awful experience stepping up to help my club, but in fact, it was a grassroots sport wide problem.
This was when Sports Community was born.
Since 2012 we have worked with peak sporting bodies and government organisations of all sizes, including; the ACT, QLD and Western Australian Governments, QLD Rugby league, Cricket Australia, Gliding Australia, Karting Australia and Table Tennis Victoria.
Through this journey, we have worked with 1000’s of clubs, not only sharing our knowledge and experiences but learning from clubs and volunteers. Every day we see volunteers do amazing things, come up with amazing ideas and overcome the most challenging of obstacles.
Our passion at Sports Community is to make it easier for sports club volunteers.
My promise to you and your club is that our Sports Community family is the place for you.
It is the support you and your volunteers need, and we are in it together.
Your questions answered:
- What if I miss a session?
No worries! We will send you a recording after the session so you can catch up on all the secrets you’ve missed, at a time that suits you!
Where do I attend the webinar?
You can attend the webinar from anywhere in the world, as long as you can access an internet connection to log on.
- What if I have questions?
We have a chat function open during each session allowing you to communicate in real-time with our presenter.
- What kind of clubs is this for?
All sporting clubs! No matter how big or small or what sport, you will be able to apply these principals to your club!
- I see you are in Australia, I’m not, will this webinar series still be relevant to me?
We have worked with clubs across the world and have found the challenges have been very much the same, as have the solutions.
- Can you help me explain this to my club committee?
Of course! We understand purchasing on behalf of your club may mean speaking at a committee meeting. If you need our help, let us know!
Sports Community Webinars
Become a Sports Community member today and make volunteering so much easier!
As a Sports Community member you get unrestricted access to every part of the Sports Community website as well as members only emails newsletters and access to offers and discounts only. As an Individual or Club member you will receive amongst other things, * 25% discount to all products in the Sports Community shop, * 25% discount to Sports Community webinar training programs and free quarterly training webinars with industry experts where you are able ask questions and interact.Join Now $59.00 YearFor More Information
A Sports Community Club membership allows you to nominate up to eight people who each get unrestricted access to the Sports Community website including procedures and online training videos, fortnightly emails with open grants and the latest information helping your volunteers as well as the following benefits - *25% discount on all products in the Sports Community Shop *25% discount on Sports Community webinar training programs and free quarterly training webinars with industry experts where you are able to ask questions and interact.Join Now $149.00 YearFor More Information
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Meaghan Densley
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Meaghan Densley