For new Secretaries and committee members or those who need a refresher
Time: 19:00:00 - 20:00:00
Feedback from past webinar series:
“Very informative, another good resource, topics really good and appropriate, great to get ideas too.”
“Really really good, really enjoyed it. Live chat on the side was very handy. Great to be able to ask a question when you think of it and to get other peoples’ suggestions.”
“Great, really pleased. It was good doing it again later – I could pause and relisten.”
“The webinars are fantastic as I can attend from the comfort of my own home. I have learned a lot, thank you!”
Volunteer training for sports club secretaries and committee members
USE DISCOUNT CODE FOR 20% OFF!
SCMATES – this will be a 20% discount making the price $39.95
Why should you attend?
Because it will make your role as a committee member or secretary, easier – bold statement, we know, but it will give you the new ideas you need.
It will provide the processes you need to implement to get the tasks done to achieve club goals. It will bring clarity and inspiration to get the ball rolling on as your clubs works towards its objectives.
Four hours is a significant amount of time and you might be wondering, why should I really attend? The answer… because it will make it so much easier for you to be successful in your role.
Investing a little time will SAVE YOU TIME, REDUCE PRESSURE and STRESS and give you the CONFIDENCE to successfully complete any task or role in your club.
No hit and miss, no trial and error. Just proven strategies and ideas that you will make it easier to be a successful club secretary.
What does the webinar include?
- Over 4 x 1hr sessions, your facilitator will take you through your role as Secretary and committee member, from start to finish.
- All four live sessions are interactive, so you can ask questions and contribute to the conversations through the chat box in real-time!
- Access to the facilitator before and after the session to ask any club related question you may have (not just on the topics being covered)
- Recordings of each session which you can access for the next 12 months
- Following each webinar, not only do we send links to the recordings of the session but also links to all the resources and additional information mentioned throughout the webinars.
Webinar 1 – Successful clubs, culture and leadership:
If we want to ensure our club is successful, has a great culture and strong leadership we need to understand what this means and looks like. In this session we explore:
- Great clubs have strong leadership, a great culture and sustained success. We consider what this means in a community club perspective and how they can be achieved.
- The characteristics of successful clubs – we have identified the characteristics of successful clubs. We share this secret framework by which all successful clubs are built.
Webinar 2 – The information nobody ever tells you!
In this session, we explore all the things nobody ever tells you, including:
- Where do you start in the role? Identifying all the information you really need and understand before you can be a successful secretary or committee member
- Consider the role and responsibilities of a committee (and it is not to do all the work!)
- Learn the behaviors of successful secretaries? (and it is not to do all the work)
- Review the legislative requirements of the incorporated association act.
Webinar 3 – Achieving goals by creating a culture of volunteering:
In this webinar, we show you how to achieve the goals of your club by creating a culture of volunteering. This is our most powerful session and is always club changing:
- The power of goal setting
- The “4 step process” to introduce a culture of volunteering, where everybody in the club is contributing in a small way to the club goals. (including your club)
Webinar 4 – How to run effective committee meetings and Annual General Meetings:
The final session explores the practical and legislative requirements of running a successful committee meeting and Annual General Meetings. It shows how to make sure your committee meetings are effective without running for hours at a time.
The webinar shows how a strong process will allow you to deal with challenging people, meetings, and topics effectively.
Who should attend this webinar series?
There’s a lot more people in your club who would be interested than you would think!
- New committee members or secretaries – this course is the perfect induction for new secretaries, providing all the background information and a step by step methodology.
- Experienced club members – are amazed at how much they learn through the course and staggered at the techniques that can make their role so much easier. Importantly, the course shows experienced secretaries how to recruit the next secretary and successfully empower the new person to the role.
- Assistant secretaries – All clubs should now be appointing one or more assistant secretaries, both to reduce the workload on the secretary but also as part of the club’s succession planning strategy.
- Anybody thinking of becoming a secretary or committee memeber in the future – The perfect scenario is for those coming into the role, is to have all the knowledge and information they need to start the role strongly. This webinar training course is the perfect preparation.
Can’t make a session? That’s okay!
All sessions are recorded and emailed to you, along with any relevant supporting resources.
This means you can review every session and even show the recordings to other volunteers at your club.
Meet your presenter:
I was you.
I’m Steve Pallas, founder of Sports Community.
At 20 years old, I was “elected” to the role of secretary at my cricket club. I thought it would be a walk in the park. I was wrong. Very wrong.
I soon discovered I was in over my head, with no idea what to do, no support and no resources to help me.
I felt hopeless, embarrassed and alone.
Many years later I became the CEO of our local football/netball league and as I worked closely with the 35 clubs in the league I realised it wasn’t just me who had encountered this awful experience stepping up to help my club, but in fact, it was a grassroots sport wide problem.
This was when Sports Community was born.
Since 2012 we have worked with peak sporting bodies and government organisations of all sizes, including; the ACT, QLD and Western Australian Governments, QLD Rugby league, Cricket Australia, Gliding Australia, Karting Australia and Table Tennis Victoria.
Through this journey, we have worked with 1000’s of clubs, not only sharing our knowledge and experiences but learning from clubs and volunteers. Every day we see volunteers do amazing things, come up with amazing ideas and overcome the most challenging of obstacles.
Our passion at Sports Community is to make it easier for sports club volunteers.
My promise to you and your club is that our Sports Community family is the place for you.
It is the support you and your volunteers need, and we are in it together.
Your questions answered:
- What if I miss a session?
No worries! We will send you a recording after the session so you can catch up on all the secrets you’ve missed, at a time that suits you!
Where do I attend the webinar?
You can attend the webinar from anywhere in the world, as long as you can access an internet connection to log on.
- What if I have questions?
We have a chat function open during each session allowing you to communicate in real time with our presenter.
- What kind of clubs is this for?
All sporting clubs! No matter how big or small or what sport, you will be able to apply these principals to your club!
- I see you are in Australia, I’m not, will this webinar series still be relevant to me?
We have worked with clubs across the world and have found the challenges have been very much the same, as have the solutions.
- Can you help me explain this to my club committee?
Of course! We understand purchasing on behalf of your club may mean speaking at a committee meeting. If you need our help, let us know!
Sports Community Webinars
Become a Sports Community member today and make volunteering so much easier!
Our entry-level membership that provides access to some of the most basic resources Sports Community has to offer.
Get started now for free and discover what we can do to help you and your club!
Registering also grants you access to our fortnightly newsletter!
As a Sports Community member you get unrestricted access to every part of the Sports Community website as well as members only emails newsletters and access to offers and discounts only. As an Individual or Club member you will receive amongst other things, * 25% discount to all products in the Sports Community shop, * 25% discount to Sports Community webinar training programs and free quarterly training webinars with industry experts where you are able ask questions and interact.Join Now $59.00 YearFor More Information
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas