Sports Community is excited to launch our “2020 Volunteer Webinar Training Program”.
Over the last five years we have conducted over 400 live webinar training sessions from our webinar studio in Mornington and delivered them to thousands of sports club volunteers around Australia and the world.
Sports club volunteers are often thrown in the deep end, with no real hand over training and end up learning as they go. As a result, tasks are double-handled, confidence is lost, members are going in circles, and they are spending more time than they should on tasks.
No volunteer wants to lose confidence in their role, and volunteer turnover will become more and more prevalent the longer that committee members cannot work effectively and efficiently. Club volunteers need guidance in their position, whether they are experienced or not.
It is never too late to learn.
Now, more than ever, your volunteers need help and support for not only themselves, but for their club. You can do just that through Sports Community.
The key features of each webinar series are:
- Each series is held over 3 weeks
- Sessions are scheduled in the evening at convenient times for club volunteers
- Participants receive a recording of each session within 72 hours
- Each webinar series is accompanied by a comprehensive workbook and an extensive list of resources and links to additional information and support
- Facilitators will stay online after the webinar is finished until all questions are answered. As facilitators are always experienced Sports Community consultants, volunteers love to have access to an experienced person where they can ask questions and get support on any topic, not just the webinar topic.
What is included when your organisation makes a group purchase?
Apart from receiving huge discounts when buying webinar training in bulk, Sports Community also provides to participating organisations:
- Co-branded marketing material (images, social media and email newsletter posts) which can be used by each organisation to promote the webinars to their clubs and volunteers.
- Full reporting after every webinar series which includes:
- The number of affiliated volunteers attending each session.
- The name of the participant and the name of their club.
Innovation through partnership
In May 2019 CAMS (Confederation of Australian Motor Sport) approached Sports Community to ask if they could purchase a small number of registrations in the “Making it easy to be a successful Treasurer” webinar series.
The concept of providing training support via webinars was embraced so strongly by the volunteers of the CAMS affiliated clubs that by the end of the year 187 volunteers had participated in a webinar training program, many participating in two and in some cases, three different training programs.
For CAMS that meant that over 750 hours of training and support was provided to their clubs and volunteers.
It was through this journey, and exploring the concept with other partners, that we realised that giving the opportunity to purchase ‘group registrations’ to peak sports bodies, local councils, universities and other organisations who support clubs and volunteers, was a fantastic and cost effective way for them to offer training to their clubs and volunteers.
Why should organisations provide this service to their volunteers?
- So that volunteers can feel confident in their role and when putting new ideas to the rest of the committee.
- Volunteers will be able to apply their new-found knowledge to best navigate the club through COVID-19.
- Eliminate the feeling of “I don’t know what I don’t know”.
- Help volunteers enjoy their work so much more, and spending less time doing what they don’t like.
- Understand how to effectively communicate with the rest of the committee.
- Workbooks and free downloadable resources are provided to assist with implementing these practices at their club.
- Volunteers can ask the presenter questions at the end of the webinar (designated question time!)
- Recordings are emailed to attendees one day after the webinar, so volunteers can watch this back in their own time or if they cannot attend a webinar live.
- Volunteers will be joining other sports club volunteers, just like themselves, who are supportive and happy to help.
1,000 webinar training programs equals over 4,000 hours of training and support for your clubs and their volunteers!
Cost of group webinar purchases
Purchased individually, a three-week webinar training series costs $39.95 (including GST).
We are pleased to be able to offer the following discounts when peak sports bodies, councils, and any other organisation who supports clubs and volunteers make a group purchase.
Any purchased, but unused registrations, will automatically roll over and be applied to the 2021 webinar series.
Throughout planning discussions with our partners, one National Sporting Organisation wanted to combine the purchasing of their State bodies to access the discount that would apply to their combined purchases, even though they would be invoiced separately.
We are fully supportive of this model, as long as the combined group purchase is made at the same time.
|Number of seats purchased||Discount||Cost per series||Saving|
All cost estimates provided above are inclusive of GST.
If you would like to get additional information, or better still, make a group booking for your clubs and volunteers please call or email:
Community Partnership Coordinator
03 5973 6404
Or register your interest below, and we’ll get in touch!
|Feb 25, 2020||Sports Club Fundraising Made Easy|
|Feb 26, 2020||Making it Easy to be a Successful President|
|Apr 07, 2020||How to make recruiting players, coaches, volunteers and officials so much easier|
|Apr 08, 2020||Making it Easy to be a Successful Secretary|
|May 26, 2020||Awesome Social Media and Communication Strategies of Successful Sports Clubs|
|May 27, 2020||Making it EASY to be a Successful Treasurer|
|Sep 30, 2020||Making It Easier To be a Committee Member|
|Oct 1, 2020||Strategies to Ensure Your Club Survives and Thrives During and After COVID-19|
|Oct 21, 2020||All Successful Clubs Have a Culture of Volunteering: A Step-By-Step to How You Can Get Everybody Helping|
|Oct 22, 2020||Successful Fundraising in the COVID Era|
|Nov 11, 2020||Creating a Strategic Plan at Your Club – A Step-By-Step Guide|
|Nov 12, 2020||Social Media and Communications Strategies for Sports Clubs|
|Dec 2, 2020||Women in Community Sports Club Leadership|
|Dec 3, 2020||How to Set Your Club Up For Success in 2021: A Step-By-Step Guide|