Is your sporting club looking for more volunteers, but finding it hard to recruit and retain them?
Since the pandemic, clubs around Australia have struggled to attract and keep volunteers. And, as a nation we currently have the most inexperienced grassroots sports volunteers than ever before.
Quite simply, without an adequate number of volunteers, two things can happen – one; existing volunteers become overloaded with work, and burn out, and two; the club could simply collapse. So, how do you get the volunteers today to help build tomorrow and save your sports club for generations to come?
How do I get more volunteers?
As your starting point, it’s critical you understand why people choose to volunteer, as well as the barriers people face to start volunteering.
Many volunteers know how rewarding the experience is, however, research has found two key barriers that prevent people from walking through your doors:
Practical barriers – people are time poor and do not have enough spare time
Emotional barriers – people feel like they don’t have the right skills for the role
Developing ways to break down these barriers can be the key to ensuring more people walk into your club prepared to volunteer and stick around for the long run.
To unlock more insights into how to knock down these barriers become a member of Sport Community today.
Locked insights also include detailed analysis on how understanding the motivations and deterrents behind volunteering is crucial to developing your volunteer recruitment strategy.
Use code 'BDAY10' to redeem 30% off* our Individual and Club memberships today! *Conditions apply.
Want to learn more?
Sports Community runs weekly volunteer webinars which are designed to train and empower volunteers in grassroots sport on any given topic and guide them through how they can action learned strategies in their own clubs. Over three weeks, volunteers will walk away understanding exactly what they need to implement, so their club can reach its strategic goals.
*Promotional Terms & Conditions
- Offer is only valid during promotion dates 11th May 2022 – 30th June 2022 (inclusive)
- This offer is available for NEW Sports Community members & Ex-members only.
- All new members must complete the membership registration process and agreement to take advantage of the offer.
- The total offer includes a 30% discount on Individual memberships and Club memberships. The value of the offer is $60 for Club Memberships and $23 Individual Memberships.
- Offer excludes access to standalone webinar programs and online store resources.
- Must be 16 years old or over to join (Under 18 years old will require guarantor to sign of behalf)
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- 30% off webinars applies to individual retail sales only of our Weekly Volunteer Webinar Series, and does not include bulk seat purchases.
Do you think Sports Community resources could really help your club make volunteering easy and enjoyable?
Simply fill in the form and Sports Community will connect with your club and show them how easy it can be to run the club.