WA Lotterywest: Community Spaces Outdoor Grant
Grants - Open grants
Closing Date – ONGOING
We support various types of community spaces. Our grants support both indoor areas, such as a community or interpretive centre, and outdoor facilities, including skate parks, playgrounds, memorials, and community gardens. We look to support spaces that encourage people to enjoy community life. Grants are available on an ongoing basis.
What we can support
- Creation of skate parks
- Development of playgrounds
- Memorials marking our culture, heritage and community sentiment
- Design of community gardens to promote sustainable living
- Earthworks, play equipment and shade facilities
- Temporary infrastructure that may make public spaces more welcoming for people
We don’t support the ongoing operation and maintenance of community spaces, or projects involving local council civil infrastructure.
What we’re looking for
- Community and stakeholder support, including any foreseeable increases in community involvement resulting from the grant project
- Planning that demonstrates the facility will meet community need. If you need support with planning please check out our organisational development grants or call us.
- Ability of your organisation to manage and maintain the outdoor space
- Long term viability of the space and your organisation
- Contributions from relevant sources.
- Safe, secure and affordable spaces that are open to the whole community, and are accessible and usable for people with disabilities
- Planning and building approvals with compliance to relevant codes, standards, and legislation
- Consideration of heritage and environmental factors
What we need from you
- A completed Lotterywest grant application form
- Your latest Annual Report if you have one, or AGM minutes if you don’t and the most recent audited financial statements
- A copy of your Constitution or equivalent document (not required for Local Government Authorities)
- Two written quotes (or one quantity survey/Architect’s estimation)
- A community usage policy (outlining how community use will be managed) if applicable
- Approval from the land and/or building owners
- A project management plan (including risk management)
- A minimum three-year management and operational plan including a budget (for requests more than $100,000)
- Monday–Friday 6.00am–9.00pm
- Saturday 6.00am–7.00pm
- Sundays and Public Holidays 8.00am – 7.00pm
- ANZAC Day 12.00pm–7.00pm
- Closed Good Friday and Christmas
- (including grant technical form support)
- Call 133 777
Salary cap discussions expose an ethical leadership dilemma for clubs
In a previous life I had the honour and pleasure of being the CEO of the Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League (MPNFL). At the time, 2007 -2008, the MPNFL was...
By Steve Pallas
Gambling on grassroots sports must be avoided at all costs
The Australian Gambling Research Centre which is a part of the federal government’s Australian Institute of Family Studies published in early November 2014, a report titled “Sports Betting and Advertising”....
By Steve Pallas