WA Lotterywest: Community Spaces Outdoor Grant
Grants - Open grants, WA Grants
Closing Date – ONGOING
We support various types of community spaces. Our grants support both indoor areas, such as a community or interpretive centre, and outdoor facilities, including skate parks, playgrounds, memorials, and community gardens. We look to support spaces that encourage people to enjoy community life. Grants are available on an ongoing basis.
What we can support
- Creation of skate parks
- Development of playgrounds
- Memorials marking our culture, heritage and community sentiment
- Design of community gardens to promote sustainable living
- Earthworks, play equipment and shade facilities
- Temporary infrastructure that may make public spaces more welcoming for people
We don’t support the ongoing operation and maintenance of community spaces, or projects involving local council civil infrastructure.
What we’re looking for
- Community and stakeholder support, including any foreseeable increases in community involvement resulting from the grant project
- Planning that demonstrates the facility will meet community need. If you need support with planning please check out our organisational development grants or call us.
- Ability of your organisation to manage and maintain the outdoor space
- Long term viability of the space and your organisation
- Contributions from relevant sources.
- Safe, secure and affordable spaces that are open to the whole community, and are accessible and usable for people with disabilities
- Planning and building approvals with compliance to relevant codes, standards, and legislation
- Consideration of heritage and environmental factors
What we need from you
- A completed Lotterywest grant application form
- Your latest Annual Report if you have one, or AGM minutes if you don’t and the most recent audited financial statements
- A copy of your Constitution or equivalent document (not required for Local Government Authorities)
- Two written quotes (or one quantity survey/Architect’s estimation)
- A community usage policy (outlining how community use will be managed) if applicable
- Approval from the land and/or building owners
- A project management plan (including risk management)
- A minimum three-year management and operational plan including a budget (for requests more than $100,000)
- Monday–Friday 6.00am–9.00pm
- Saturday 6.00am–7.00pm
- Sundays and Public Holidays 8.00am – 7.00pm
- ANZAC Day 12.00pm–7.00pm
- Closed Good Friday and Christmas
- (including grant technical form support)
- Call 133 777
Bottles Plus offering FREE FREIGHT to selected Capital Cities!
Bottles Plus Offering FREE freight to selected capital cities! Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. For a limited time, Bottles Plus are offering FREE delivery to Sydney,...
By Joe Novella
Experienced Sports Industry Professional, Jan Sutherland, has joined Sports Community
Experienced Sports Industry Professional, Jan Sutherland joins Sports Community Sports Community is delighted to announce that Jan Sutherland has joined the Sports Community Consulting team. Sports Community is the preeminent...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Meaghan Densley