WA Golf Foundation Grants Programme
Grants - Open grants, WA Grants
This grant will close on the 1st of October, 2020.
This programme aims to assist the development of golf within Western Australia.
The programme has the following funding categories:
– Junior development
– Adult development
– Targeted groups
Maximum funding of $5,000 is available. It is expected that the project income budget will be partly derived from contributions made by the applicant club/organisation and/or participants.
There must be a minimum of three months between the closing date and the commencement date of the programme. The closing dates each year are 1 April, 1 July and 1 October.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants include:
– District Golf Associations
– Golfing organisations
– Other organisations that are currently involved or wanting to become involved in projects, programmes and services which result in the development of golf in Western Australia.
Eligible activities include:
– The promotion of golf as a vehicle to develop healthy lifestyles, social skills and acceptable community values.
– The promotion of golfing activities amongst all amateur golfers.
– The encouragement and assistance to Golf WA and all affiliated golf clubs to improve and expand their development programmes for juniors and adults.
– The teaching of the rules and etiquette of golf.
– The securing of instruction, practice and playing privileges and concessions for junior golfers in Western Australia.
– The encouragement and assistance in the establishment of golf programme in schools throughout Western Australia.
– The encouragement and assistance to golfing bodies that provide programmes for the disabled, indigenous and other minority groups.
– The encouragement and assistance to local government and authorities and public golf course controllers to develop and expand developmental golf programmes.
– Assistance to clubs and district associations in the provision of facilities and equipment to support developmental initiatives.
Previously there has been little emphasis placed on development programmes for adults. However, with the challenges that golf faces in competing with other sports, an increasing focus of the Foundation will be to provide funding for programmes that target adults who have not played the game before.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
– Evidence that, where possible, applicants will co-ordinate programmes with affiliated or associated bodies.
– Visibility, acknowledgement and promotion of the WAGF on any printed materials, media releases, press items,signage and during any public addresses.
The following are ineligible for funding:
– Capital works or facility maintenance.
– Projects requiring long term ongoing funding.
– Equipment purchases that are not essential for the programme’s operation.
– Purchase of land.
– Projects that currently receive significant financial support via other funding bodies.
– Projects considered to be the responsibility of other authorities.
– Administration costs including salaries and wages. However, grant monies can be applied against coaching fees.
– Operational expenditure.
– Catering and meals.
– Repairs and maintenance.
– Normal living expenses. However, grant monies can be used for accommodation costs of travelling coaches/presenters.
– Personal development and education.
– Prize money.
– Green fees.
– Contra arrangements.
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas