Supplementary Volunteer Grants
Grants - Open grants, NT Grants, SA Grants
Applications close 11.59PM AEST 20 September 2020
The Australian Government has provided Volunteering SA&NT with funding to administer a Supplementary Grants program to volunteer involving organisations.
The purpose of the funding is to support the efforts of South Australian and Northern Territory volunteers as well as to encourage and increase participation in volunteering by on-funding grants to provide small amounts of money that organisations and community groups can use to help their volunteers.
The supplementary volunteer grants are designed to support volunteer involving organisations with a high proportion (over 40%) of volunteers to:
- Help support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers;
- Help support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering;
- Encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering;
- Post COVID-19 re-engagement activities for volunteers; and
- Adapting practices to support volunteers safety in relation to COVID-19.
The intended outcome of the grants is to strengthen community functioning by increasing participation in volunteering.
About the grants
Grants of between $1,000 – $5,000 are available to enable volunteer involving organisations to strengthen community functioning by increasing participation in volunteering. A total pool of $229,500 will be available within South Australia and $102,000 in the Northern Territory.
Who is eligible to apply for a grant?
Organisations must meet the following criteria to apply:
- At least 40% of the organisation’s workforce must be volunteers
- Be a not-for-profit organisation, non-corporate State / Territory Statutory Authority, Corporate Commonwealth Entity or Corporate State/ Territory Entity
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be willing to provide a Statement by Supplier Form (reason for not quoting an ABN). Please refer to the Australian Tax Office for further information
- Have an account with an Australian Financial Institution
Assessments will be undertaken through a competitive grant process.
Prior to applications being reviewed by the selection panel(s), consideration will be given to the following criteria:
- Organisations that provide support to Indigenous people
- Organisations with a high ratio of volunteers
- The size of organisations
- Value of the grant
- Organisations providing volunteer programs that support vulnerable people
- Organisations that involve vulnerable people in their volunteer programs.
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas