Sporting Competitions Access Fund 2020-21
Grants - Open grants, TAS Grants
Applications are open until 31 May 2021 or available funds are exhausted and applications will be assessed on a ‘first-in’ basis.
The purpose of the Sporting Competitions Access Fund (the Fund) is to provide assistance to athletes with disabilities, enabling them to compete in national or international sporting competitions and allowing them to excel in their chosen sport at the highest possible level.
- Grants are available to support Tasmanian athletes with a disability and their coaches and/or carers, competing at the national or international level competition, held in Australia or overseas.
- Grants for national-level selection competitions or selection camps will also be considered. The sport must be recognised by Sport Australia.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their selection for the event is based on merit and is fully endorsed by the relevant state or national sporting organisation.
- Funding from all sources should be detailed and attached to the application.
- Applications must be received six weeks before departure for the competition.
- Athletes in receipt of the Tasmanian Institute of Sport scholarship funding are not eligible to apply.
- Eligible costs covered by the Fund include competition registration fees, travel and accommodation for the athlete, carer and/or coach.
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas