Sport and Recreation (WA) – Country Sport Enrichment Scheme
Grants - Open grants, WA Grants
This program aims to help regional Western Australia experience and conduct major sporting events and sport development initiatives by:
- Conducting international, national or state sporting events or competitions in regional WA.
- Utilising elite athletes to promote the benefits of sport and physical activity and assist in delivering sport development opportunities in regional WA.
Grants of up to $30,000 per application per financial year are available. This will be based on the on the costs associated with the Community Activation Plan or hosting the event in a regional area.
Applications must be submitted to the department a minimum of eight weeks prior to the proposed event commencing.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants include:
- State sporting associations
- National sport league clubs
- A coordinating body that is a non-profit incorporated association
- Major sport clubs as approved by the Minister for Sport and Recreation
- Local government
Eligible activities include projects that achieve the following outcomes:
- Motivating participation in sport and physical activity and in particular by youth at risk, or people with a high-risk lifestyle health condition or people from a low participation in sport and physical activity population group.
- Increasing participation in sport and physical activity.
- Providing local people with sport skill development as participants, coaches or officials.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of eligible activities and expenditure.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
- Meets eligibility criteria
- Meets at least one of the Country Sport Enrichment Scheme grant’s primary objectives
- Be aligned to a State Sporting Association or Industry Representative Organisation strategic plan and relevant strategies.
- Demonstrated need for the event, competition or sport development opportunity in the region (in comparison to other regions).
- Demonstrated benefits to regional WA (sport development benefits and community benefits).
- Geographical location of the event, competition or sport development opportunity.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver the project (how and who will undertake the project).
- Provision of a comprehensive and detailed Community Activation Plan (must outline all supporting activities to be leveraged from the event i.e. school visits, workshops, clinics, coaching courses, community functions, media coverage, promotional events etc.).
- Financial commitment to event, competition or sport development opportunity.
- Level of State government/agency investment already towards the event and the outcomes associated if applicable.
- Provision of a comprehensive and detailed budget.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Perth metropolitan regions
- Employee salary and employment costs
- Purchase of assets (e.g. sporting equipment, office equipment etc)
- International travel costs
- Meals, catering, refreshments (other than for volunteers or officials)
- Team uniform costs
- Trophies, prize money and gifts
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas