Remote Sport Program
Grants - Open grants, NT Grants
The remote sport program funds sport and recreational activities in remote areas of the Northern Territory (NT). Programs and funding amounts are decided by direct negotiation with eligible organisations.
The grants are negotiated through regional councils and non-government organisations.
Eligible organisations include:
- NT regional councils with responsibility for remote communities, and
- non-government organisations providing sport and active recreation outcomes in remote locations.
Funding is available for programs that achieve the following:
- improve levels of physical activity
- help communities deliver regular, structured, organised sport programs
- increase participation in sport by community members as players, coaches and officials
- upskill staff and community members, coaches, and official participants through education and training
- develop sporting entities such as clubs or teams that are affiliated to a peak sporting body
- explore partnerships with other organisations to support social and wellbeing outcomes for remote communities
- engagement with peak sporting bodies and schools that run programs under NT Government grant programs such as the Sport Voucher Scheme
- provide advice and assist the government on remote infrastructure investment related to sport and active recreation.
Funding can be used for:
- employment costs to develop, grow and run regular organised sporting activities, competitions and opportunities for active recreation (with up to 15% direct on costs)
- running and participating in regular community competitions (with the focus on intra community competition)
- sporting equipment when establishing/delivering regular organised sporting competitions;
- supporting other government funded programs that promote participation pathways and pathway development
- holistic programs that deliver sport and active recreation outcomes.
Introducing The No Nasties Project!
Sports Community is proud to acknowledge and bring attention to the fine work that is being completed by The No Nasties Project. The No Nasties Project is on a crusade...
By Isabella Serrano
10 Reasons to Volunteer at your Club
In this modern age, it seems many people just aren't as interested in sports volunteering as they were in the past. There are numerous reasons why your community should get...
By Isabella Serrano