PIRSA – Connecting Drought Communities: Events Grant
Grants - Open grants, SA Grants
This grant will close on the 31st of March, 2021.
This program seeks to support community groups and local governments in eligible drought-affected areas of South Australia to hold activities, events and functions aimed at helping members of drought-affected communities maintain their wellbeing and build resilience.
Grants of up to $10,000 (GST exclusive) are available per event.
Groups can apply for one or more event per funding application or submit more than one application for different events.
A total funding pool of $330,000 is available.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants include groups within drought-affected areas of South Australian, including (but are not limited to):
– District and regional councils
– Farmer groups, including Agricultural Bureau branches, farming systems groups; Women Together Learning (WoTL)
– Agricultural show societies
– Progress associations
– Sports clubs, service clubs, church groups, CWA branches
– Be an incorporated organisation.
– Have a current Australian Business Number (ABN).
– Be located in one of the eligible drought affected areas within South Australia.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of eligible drought affected areas.
Eligible events must:
– Be open to the community.
– Offer free or low-cost entry.
– Aim to help build community resilience and wellbeing.
– Be held before 15 June 2021.
Under the current COVID-19 restrictions, events can be virtual or planned for when restrictions have eased.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the list of examples of events.
The following are ineligible for funding:
– Meetings that are held regularly and not considered as events.
– Events that are planned outside of drought affected areas.
– Events that do not support the aims of the program (i.e. helping members of drought affected communities maintain their wellbeing and build resilience).
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas