Office for Women in Sport and Recreation
Grants - Open grants, VIC Grants
The Office for Women in Sport and Recreation grant is ongoing until notified otherwise.
Grants of up to $25,000 are available.
This Office for Women in Sport and Recreation grant program seeks to assist Victorian researches to undertake research relating to women and girls in sport and active recreation.
It aims to build Victoria’s research capacity around women and girls in sport and active recreation, in turn leading to better outcomes for all Victorians.
Applicants may submit multiple applications for different projects.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants include Victorian-based universities.
Include conducting research that is aimed at improving the environment for women and girls in sport and active recreation. Research topics can include but are not limited to:
- Identifying barriers to participation
- Gender equality initiatives in sport and recreation
- Leadership in sport
- Physical activity and health
- Active outdoor recreation
- Safety in sport
- Media coverage in sport
- Physical, mental and emotional benefits of physical activity and sports
- Exercise science
The work must be undertaken predominantly in Victoria.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
- Alignment and relevance of proposed research to Change Our Game priorities.
- Ability to articulate the value of the expected outcome/s of the research proposal to Victoria, Victorians and to Victoria’s sport research capabilities.
- Extent to which project will develop women as researchers in the sport and active recreation field.
- Detailed and realistic project budget.
- Letter of support from the applicant organisation, including details of how the proposal will accelerate the research and provide benefit to Victorians.
Applications that have a focus on women and girls with a disability, LGBTI+ communities, Aboriginal women and girls and culturally and linguistically diverse women and girls will be viewed favourably.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Researchers who are not contracted to a university.
- Research without a specific focus on women and girls in sport and active recreation.
- Research that does not align with departmental values.
For more information, click here. Scroll down the page to: Change Our Game Research Grants Program.
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas