Mazda Foundation Grants
Grants - Open grants, National Grants
This program aims to support community-based organisations by providing funding for projects that fall within the nominated priority areas.
The Foundation’s aims and objectives include (but are not limited to) the provision of financial aid to funds, authorities and institutions which qualify for income tax deductibility for gifts and which provide assistance:
– To young people through education and employment skills development, with particular emphasis on children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
– In the advancement of education and achievement of excellence at all levels in the community.
– In the development of technology, to help improve Australia’s international competitiveness.
– Towards the maintenance and improvement of the natural environment.
– To address community needs identified by the Mazda Foundation from time to time.
– In research, feasibility, surveys and other background work in relation to any of the above aims and objectives.
The Foundation currently has two priority areas of focus:
– Priority 1: Projects that support children with physical and/or mental disabilities or their carers.
– Priority 2: Projects that support elderly people suffering from mental disabilities (including dementia) or their carers.
There are no set minimum or maximum funding limits.
Any project notification received by the Foundation will be considered at the Foundation’s Board meetings held in April and October per year. As such, project notifications must be submitted for notification by 31 March and 30 September each year.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants include organisation who must be an eligible recipient under the Income Tax Assessment Act.
Eligible projects include those that:
– Support children with physical and/or mental disabilities or their carers, particularly projects seeking to address social isolation.
– Support elderly people suffering from mental disabilities (including dementia) or their carers, particularly projects seeking to address social isolation.
– Are consistent with the broader aims and objectives of Mazda Foundation.
The following are ineligible for funding:
– Overseas projects
– Overseas trips
– Research projects
This grant will close on the 30th of September, 2020.
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas