Latrobe Valley Community Facility Fund
Grants - Open grants, VIC Grants
This program aims to support the Latrobe Valley region to build strong and resilient communities by investing in community-led initiatives and partnerships.
The Fund will support the Latrobe Valley region to build strong and resilient communities by investing in community-led initiatives and partnerships under the following two streams:
1. Liveable Latrobe Valley
– Supports projects that will make the Latrobe Valley a better place to live, attracting new businesses and residents and helping people to make a difference in their own community.
– Has four funding levels available:
a) Events: Up to $5,000 for smaller scale community events that bring people together to celebrate place or address important community issues; and up to $20,000 for larger scale community events that provide significant visitor economy benefit.
b) Community space upgrades: Up to $300,000 for community space upgrades that enhance well-being and social connection.
c) Town and major space upgrades: Up to $1 million for town infrastructure developments, major upgrades and visitor economy projects. These projects are expected to be managed by organisations with a strong track record of delivering similar projects with a sound financial and corporate capability or be led by local government.
d) Planning: Support for the development of project plans, strategies, business cases and master plans for organisations planning facility developments or significant visitor economy activities.
2. Socially Active Latrobe Valley
– Supports projects designed to make communities vibrant and active places to live.
– Has two funding levels available:
a) Socially active infrastructure: Up to $1 million is available for infrastructure projects.
b) Socially active capacity building: Up to $150,000 is available for socially active capacity building projects.
Applicants will be expected to make a financial contribution or source third party funding for the project. Contributions may be in cash and/or in-kind.
In-kind contributions must be:
– No more than 50% of the cash contribution.
– Valued at $20 per hour for unskilled work and $45 per hour for skilled work.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants include:
– Baw Baw Shire Council, Latrobe City Council and Wellington Shire Council.
– Not-for-profit organisations and community groups located within the Latrobe Valley region that are incorporated associations, corporations or co-operatives.
– Community-led consortia with a membership including local government, not-for-profit groups and private businesses.
All projects will be required to be endorsed/supported by the relevant local government authority (LGA).
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Meaghan Densley
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Meaghan Densley