Innovation Challenge Program
Grants - Open grants, WA Grants
Closing on 30th March 2021, The Innovation Challenge Program is a grants program for organisations, providing investment for innovative projects that increase physical activity participation in the community. Up to $50,000 of funding is available for the development of a new concept or business plan, or up to $150,000 for the development, delivery and evaluation of a project in the community. This may require third party funding support.
The program is designed to encourage business innovation and the use of technology to drive and grow sport and recreation. Projects will be supported based on community need, innovation, sustainability of outcomes and consideration of return on investment.
- Incorporated sporting, recreation and community organisations and associations.
- Local governments, tertiary institutions or community-based organisations who partner with a sport and active recreation organisations (Healthway only); Companies Limited by Guarantee where the company is wholly owned by a State Sporting Organisation.
What you must have to be eligible to apply?
- Be incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (WA), or an Indigenous organisation under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (CATSI), or a local government or a company limited by guarantee;
- Possess an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- Maintain appropriate and sufficient insurance cover for the duration of the project. A certificate of currency of insurance/s for the coming year should be provided upon application. Please note, for Public Liability Insurance, a minimum value of $10 million per claim or occurrence giving rise to a claim is required;
- Your organisation conforms with relevant State and Federal legislation (e.g. Working with Children (Criminal Records Checking), Liquor Control, and Drugs in Sport);
- Your organisation has appropriate Health and Safety and Risk Management policies and practices in place to deliver the project(s).
During the application process, organisations will have the chance to pitch their ideas to a panel face to face or by video submission.
Funding for the program is being administered in two streams. The Healthway stream will support innovative ideas that create physical activity opportunities for disengaged young people and inactive girls and women.
The department stream is encourages ideas that allow sport and recreation organisations to streamline their business and deliver their activity in an innovative way. The department will also consider ideas that make use of tech in the sport and recreation sector.
Levels of funding
Levels of funding are from up to $50,000 for the development of a new concept or business plan, or up to $150,000 for the development, delivery and evaluation of a project in the community. This may require third party funding support.
Organisations wishing to apply should first read the program guidelines to ensure that they are eligible, and decide which stream they wish to apply through.
They should then complete an ideas template and register for an innovation workshop. Dates are provided below.
Formal applications will take place after the workshops, and shortlisted organisations will have the chance to present for 15 minutes on their program to an assessment panel.
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas