Get Going Clubs – QLD
Grants - Open grants
Closing Date – 5pm, 11 August 2017.
Get Going Clubs provides funding to support not-for-profit local sport and recreation organisations to create and provide access to participation opportunities for Queenslanders.
Eligible not-for-profit sport and active recreation organisations can apply for funding of up to $7,500 (GST exclusive).
Organisations approved for Get Going Clubs Round 5 funding in 2016 (project delivery period of 1 January 2017 – 31 December 2017) are NOT eligible for Round 6, with the exception of:
- multisport and regional organisations, providing the project is for a different sport/recreation activity, purpose, location or affiliated club to the project approved in the previous round.
- Organisations with projects in a disaster declared Local Government Areas for Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie and associated rainfall and flooding. Declared areas are listed on the Fact Sheet.
Applications are to be submitted online.
- Round 6 is now open for applications
- Applications close 11 August 2017
- Announcement of successful projects in October 2017
- Successful projects commence from 1 November 2017
Who can apply?
Organisations eligible to apply are:
- Queensland local or regional level not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations and not-for-profit local community organisations (with a primary objective of sport or recreation) incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 2002 (Cwlth)
- Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- a sport or recreation club incorporated within a Queensland university.
How to register to apply
Never registered before or registered with Enquire before May 2017
You will need to register in the new Grant Registration Portal (GRP) in Enquire (grants management system). Details available on the GRP information page.
Registered in the new Enquire Grant Registration Portal (GRP)
A Primary or Secondary contact will need to log into the organisation’s account to commence an application.
All applications must be submitted no later than 5pm, 11 August 2017.
- Ask a question about a service on Twitter (@askqgov) or Facebook (AskQGOV).
- Within Australia: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- International callers: +617 3405 0985 (+10 hours UTC)
Salary cap discussions expose an ethical leadership dilemma for clubs
In a previous life I had the honour and pleasure of being the CEO of the Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League (MPNFL). At the time, 2007 -2008, the MPNFL was...
By Steve Pallas
Gambling on grassroots sports must be avoided at all costs
The Australian Gambling Research Centre which is a part of the federal government’s Australian Institute of Family Studies published in early November 2014, a report titled “Sports Betting and Advertising”....
By Steve Pallas