COVID-19 TAS: Non-Profits – Local Government Loans Program
Grants - Open grants, TAS Grants
This grant will close 1st of August, 2020.
This program aims to encourage local governments to invest and employ more Tasmanians to upgrade, renovate and to do necessary maintenance to improve existing local government infrastructure and can also cover the cost of measures taken by Councils as a response to, or as a result of, the impacts of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For eligible projects, the program will provide assistance to applicable local government authorities through:
– The provision of loan interest rebates in the form of a grant for the eligible period of each loan, with a three-year maximum rebate term.
– Access to borrowings to finance projects under the program through the Tasmanian Public Finance Corporation (Tascorp).
Loans of up to $150 million are available on a first-come first-served basis.
It is preferable that local government authorities make a single application for all relevant projects, rather than multiple applications.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants include all Tasmanian councils and joint authorities who will be required to demonstrate that each
– Will be undertaken during the 2020-21 financial year.
– Will provide Tasmanian employment opportunities.
– Is procured through appropriate processes that deliver value-for-money outcomes.
– Is to be financed through an approved loan from Tascorp.
Eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
– Roads, bridges and footpaths
– Upgrading community halls and other town facilities and amenities
– Development of waste transfer stations
– Improvements to local parks
– Development of, or improvements to, recreational and sporting grounds
– Township beautification works
– Tourism infrastructure development
– Other building works
– Rates relief programs
– Any other measures responding to, or as a result of, the impacts of COVID-19
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas