COVID-19 SA: Non-Profits – Grants SA COVID-19 Support Grant
Grants - Open grants, SA Grants
This grant will be closing on the 20th of October, 2020.
This program is a modified Grants SA initiative that has been released to support not-for-profit organisations continue to provide services to vulnerable and disadvantaged people in South Australia in the current circumstances of the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Funding is prioritised for organisations that can demonstrate that the requested items are required due to the direct impact of the COVID-19 public health emergency on their services either by needing to adapt services to meet increased demand or continuing to provide services within the restricted public health requirements.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available.
A total funding pool of $3 million is available.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants include organisations that must:
– Have not-for-profit objectives.
– Be community based.
– Be currently operating within South Australia for at least 12-months, delivering services or support to the South Australian community.
– Be either a legal entity, or a sponsored entity (if applying through a legal entity) that must either be:
a) Incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1985, or the Aboriginal Councils and Associations Act 1976, or have evidence of a comparable legal status.
b) A council under the Local Government Act 1999, to act as a sponsor or engage a registered training organisation to deliver training for volunteers working in community organisations.
– Be currently registered with a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
– Have an Australian bank account in the name of the legal entity
– Agree to the terms and conditions of the grant agreement
– If sponsoring an organisation, ensure the sponsored entity has not-for-profit objectives, and agree to accept legal and financial responsibility for the grant.
Eligible expenditure includes, but are not limited to:
– IT equipment to enable staff and volunteers to operate from home, including computers, webcams, headsets etc.
– Internet data increase costs.
– Software Licensing costs.
– Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
– Volunteer and staff transportation/communication costs.
– Website upgrades/updates.
– Short-term hire of vehicles, storage, or equipment.
– Items or resources such as project officer salary to supplement or expand existing services experiencing an increased demand due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
– Items or resources such as project officer salary to prevent disruption of services due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
– Staple grocery items such as food and cleaning products to be distributed to households in need.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
– Organisation and community need (40% )
– Impact of benefit for community (40%)
– Value for money (20%)
The panel may also take into consideration the geographic/demand driven funding distribution when making a final decision to allocate funding.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of the assessment criteria.
The following are ineligible for funding:
– Organisations or sponsored organisations that have licensed gaming machines in their facilities or hold a gaming machine licence.
– Retrospective funding – funding for items, services and resources that have been purchased prior to the commencement of the grant period.
– Projects primarily aimed at religious or political outcomes.
– Project primarily aimed at sporting and recreation outcomes.
– Purchase of building or land.
– Novated Lease of vehicles.
– Funds to distribute to individuals – sponsorships, scholarships, donations, reimbursements, uniforms (except PPE).
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas