St. George Foundation Bushfire Assistance Grant
Grants - Open grants
This grant will close on the 31st of December, 2020.
To assist with the recovery of communities, St.George Foundation, Bank of Melbourne Foundation and BankSA Foundation will provide funding of a total value of up to $500,000 to eligible organisations in Australia to:
- Invest in projects that aid in long-term recovery efforts for bushfire-affected community organisations.
To be eligible for funding your organisation will
- Be located in Australia.
- Be directly assisting communities that have experienced losses as a result of the 2019/2020 bushfires.
- Provide recent, audited financial statements that have been signed by the auditor.
- Be endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (but not another ancillary fund). Deductible Gift Recipients must be listed with the Australian Taxation Office under Item 1 of the Table in Section 30–15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act, 1997; and
- For St.George Foundation: Address projects that assist children and young people.
- For Bank of Melbourne Foundation and BankSA Foundation: Address projects that assist neighbourhoods and communities.
What we do fund
- Projects to help rebuild communities that have suffered losses during the bushfires, including:
- Physical repairs to properties affected by fires.
- Assistance packages to bushfire impacted families.
- Continuation of community services where they have been prevented from operating or relocated due to fires.
- Recreational and respite programs to bushfire-affected communities.
- Counselling and therapy to communities due to experiences of fires.
- Medical equipment to aid in recovery for injuries sustained during bushfires; and
- Other applications deemed suitable by Governors at their discretion, to assist in bushfire recovery.
What we don’t fund
- Applications without signed, audited financial statements from within 18 months.
- Auspiced applications.
- Conferences, sponsorship or fundraising appeals.
- Other applications deemed unsuitable by Governors at their discretion
- Projects funded must directly support communities who have been affected by bushfires in Australia, in 2019 or 2020.
- Projects funded through this initiative may be supported by St.George Foundation in NSW, QLD, WA, ACT or nationally, Bank of Melbourne Foundation in Victoria and BankSA Foundation in the Northern Territory or South Australia, collectively known as St.George Foundation.
- St.George Foundation cannot give funding to individuals or organisations that are not eligible recipients.
- In determining your amount requested, please consider that the Governors aim to support as many communities as possible. It is recommended that applicants apply for $20,000 to $50,000 per project, however all eligible funding requests will be considered. Total funding available is up to $500,000 at the discretion of Governors.
- Governors may vary the amount of funding awarded from the amount requested by each applicant.
- Applications will be assessed on merit at the sole determination and discretion of Governors.
- Applying for funding or being an eligible applicant does not guarantee funding from St.George Foundation.
- Applications will be open until either: a. the total funding pool is awarded; or b. 31st December 2020; whichever occurs first.
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas