Community Sport and Recreation Development Program (CSRDP) ACT
ACT Grants, Grants - Open grants
Please note: No further financial assistance will be provided until all outstanding grants provided by Sport and Recreation (except for current year’s funding) have been successfully acquitted, including financial acquittals for any other ACT Government agency grant.
These guidelines provide details for organisations wishing to apply for financial assistance from the Community Sport and Recreation Development Program (CSRDP) for projects to be completed during the relevant calendar year. This is an ACT Government grant program administered by Sport and Recreation.
The funding provided by Sport and Recreation is limited and as such, all applications will be assessed on relative merit. It is not possible to approve all requests for assistance, therefore grant funding should not be deemed automatic or anticipated.
These guidelines supersede all terms and conditions contained in previous guidelines administered by Sport and Recreation. All funding is subject to the appropriation of funds through the ACT Government budget process.
The primary objective of the CSRDP, in accordance within the ACTIVE 2020 Strategy, is to provide financial assistance to eligible sport and physical recreation organisations for outcome based projects, programs and initiatives to support participation in active lifestyles through the delivery of quality programs and services for the benefit of all the Canberra community.
The intended outcomes of the CSRDP are:
- to increase community access and participation in sport and physical recreation;
- to increase participation in active lifestyles, particularly for children and young people;
- to enhance health and well being through active participation in sport and physical recreation;
- to provide training and education opportunities for employees, volunteers and members that will assist in the development of sport and physical recreation organisations;
- to assist sport and physical recreation organisations with constitutional and governance reform;
- to assist in the development of planning initiatives for sport and recreation organisations with the view to improving the management and administration of organisations; and
- to assist organisations to purchase non-consumable equipment that will increase sport and physical recreation opportunities.
The Minister for Sport and Recreation is responsible for the final endorsement of all recommendations for the CSRDP.
Any organisation applying for funding under the CSRDP must:
- be a not for profit organisation incorporated in the ACT under the Associations Incorporation Act 1991 or a company registered under the Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth) with its principal place of business in the ACT;
- deliver programs within the ACT;
- have current Public Liability Insurance coverage to a minimum level of $10,000,000;
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST) if applicable (if turnover is greater than $150,000 per annum);
- have compliance requirements under the Associations Incorporation Act 1991 up to date; and
- have satisfactorily acquitted all previous grants provided by Sport and Recreation (except for current year’s funding), including financial acquittals for any other ACT Government agency grant.
For more info click here
Australia’s Top 20 Sports and Physical Activities Revealed!
Walking is Australia's most popular physical activity! Sport Australia has released the latest annual data from its AusPlay survey, Australia’s largest and most comprehensive sport and physical activity survey, launched in...
By Joe Novella
New Volunteer Toolkits to Make Your Life Easier!
Sports Community is extremely excited to announce our new Volunteer Toolkits! If you’re on the committee, a club President, Treasurer or Secretary, coordinate fundraising, social media or grant applications, we...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Steve Pallas
SOLID is lighting up opportunity
SOLID Display Systems have created a solution for local sporting clubs to attract sponsorship opportunities through their scoreboards. Sponsorships are no longer seen as a goodwill gesture, but an opportunity to...
By Steve Pallas