Capital Assistance Program (CAP) ACT
ACT Grants, Grants - Open grants
These guidelines provide details for organisations wishing to apply for financial assistance of up to $250,000 from the Capital Assistance Program (CAP), typically for projects to be completed during the relevant calendar year. This is an ACT Government grant program administered by Sport and Recreation.
The funding provided by Sport and Recreation is limited and as such, all applications will be assessed on relative merit. It is not possible to approve all requests for assistance, therefore grant funding should not be deemed automatic or anticipated.
These guidelines supersede all terms and conditions contained in previous guidelines administered by Sport and Recreation. All funding is subject to the appropriation of funds through the ACT Government budget process.
The primary objective of the CAP is to, in accordance within the Active 2020 Strategy, provide financial assistance to eligible sport and physical recreation organisations for capital developments that will support participation in active lifestyles through the delivery of quality programs and services for the benefit of the Canberra community.
The intended outcomes of the CAP are to:
- develop sport and recreation facilities that will assist to increase community access and participation opportunities in sport and physical recreation activity in the ACT;
- enhance health and well being through active participation in sport and physical recreation;
- maximise and broaden access to sport and recreation facilities in the ACT;
- encourage the development of practical, multi-functional, energy and water efficient, low maintenance facilities that are not harmful to the environment;
- encourage a planned and innovative approach in the development of sport and recreation facilities in the ACT; and
- improve the safety of existing facilities in the ACT.
The Minister for Sport and Recreation is responsible for the final endorsement of all recommendations for the CAP. In special circumstances the Minister has the opportunity to waive any of the conditions of the CAP to allow funding of a worthy activity to proceed.
Any organisation applying for funding under the CAP must:
- provide a minimum of one quote (preferably two) outlining all costs associated with the proposed capital development;
- be a not for profit organisation;
- be incorporated in the ACT under, either the Associations Incorporation Act 1991, or the Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth) with it’s principal place of business in the ACT;
- deliver programs within the ACT;
- have current Public Liability Insurance coverage to a minimum level of $10,000,000;
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST) if applicable (if turnover is greater than $150,000 per annum);
- have compliance requirements under the Associations Incorporation Act 1991 up to date; and
- have satisfactorily acquitted all previous grants provided by Sport and Recreation (except for current year’s funding), including financial acquittals for any other ACT Government agency grant.
For more info click here
Bottles Plus offering FREE FREIGHT to selected Capital Cities!
Bottles Plus Offering FREE freight to selected capital cities! Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. For a limited time, Bottles Plus are offering FREE delivery to Sydney,...
By Joe Novella
Experienced Sports Industry Professional, Jan Sutherland, has joined Sports Community
Experienced Sports Industry Professional, Jan Sutherland joins Sports Community Sports Community is delighted to announce that Jan Sutherland has joined the Sports Community Consulting team. Sports Community is the preeminent...
By Joe Novella
INTRODUCING: Bottles Plus!
Bottles Plus are bringing flair to sports drink bottles. Specialising in custom printing allows customers to proudly display their logo or meet their corporate requirements. Offering a wide range of...
By Meaghan Densley