Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Community sports clubs are forever undertaking fundraising activities, continually seeking new and preferably easy ways to raise funds. Few club realise that many fundraising activities, such as raffles or even footy tipping, may require permits, follow specific procedures and even undertake reporting specific to a given fundraising activity.
In Victoria, fundraising activities are overseen by the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR), which has a fantastic website with a lot of information specifically for sports clubs. This information can be accessed by clicking here.
The VCGLR website has issued guidelines for the following gaming activities that provide guidance for clubs on when they need a permit, the type of permit and how to apply for a permit for the following activities:.
The VCGLR “Our Club Resource Kit”
The Victorian Government recognises that clubs make a significant contribution to the social and economic life of Victorians and that alcohol and gaming may be often closely linked to many clubs’ sporting and social activities. Many clubs depend on alcohol sales and fundraising activities involving minor gaming to maintain financial viability.
To help licensed clubs, VCGLR has created a comprehensive section of its website that includes The Our Club resource kit, which has been updated to provide club committee members with:
- a comprehensive guide that clearly outlines the club’s obligations under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998
- tools to assist with management of the club’s liquor licence
- information regarding the conduct of a community or charitable gaming activity, such as a raffle, bingo or lucky envelopes
- a comprehensive guide that clearly outlines the club’s obligations under the Gambling Regulation Act 2003.
This information can be found by clicking here
For further information
If you require further information relating to running fundraising activities in Victoria for your club contact the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR) on either:
- Telephone: 1300 182 457
- 49 Elizabeth Street, Richmond, Victoria 3121