Professional Development Webinar Training for Councils and Peak Sports Bodies
Professional Development Training for Council and Peak Body Staff
Staff working directly with community sports club volunteers are getting inundated with queries and requests for information, help and support. To help with these requests, Sports Community has created the Staff Development Training Series.
Volunteers are asking about an ever-increasing range of topics from club governance, complaints management, volunteer and participation recruitment and retention, fundraising, and marketing just to name a few of the areas.
The Sports Community nine-part webinar series has been developed to give you, your staff and your colleagues the information you need to help and support your community clubs and their volunteers.
The webinar series will introduce attendees to the best practice, research, and information available. After each session, we will provide you with great case studies, practical examples, resources, and templates which you can then use to empower your volunteers and their clubs.
Anyone working with and supporting community sports, but participants are generally:
- Local council staff, State and Territory Government Sport and Recreation Staff,
- Club and policy development staff from State and National sporting bodies,
- Staff from Associations, Leagues and Competitions,
- University Sports – Club Development Staff.
- Anyone wanting to understand the issues faced by club volunteers, and how to deal with them.
As a sports professional, how will you benefit from this?
You will learn:
- The best practices to employ when liaising with sports club volunteers.
- Where to find the most relevant and reliable information for volunteers.
- Downloadable PDFs to assist you in implementing this new-found knowledge.
- How to best communicate with club volunteers, instil confidence in them and ensure that no one is left with unanswered questions.
You will get:
- A workbook containing overviews of each session, and content for you to follow along in the webinar.
- Access to a network of sports club professionals Australia-wide, from all kinds of sporting backgrounds.
- Opportunities to ask the presenter any questions at the end of the webinar (designated question time).
- Recordings of each webinar emailed to you a day after airing, so you can re-watch a session or catch-up if you miss one.
Now more than ever, your volunteers need help and support for not only themselves, but for their club. You can do just that through Sports Community and set your clubs up for a successful 2024.