Food Safety for Clubs

Unfortunately there is currently no national regulator administering food safety licensing, permits and regulations for community groups seeking to sell foods to raise funds.

Food Safety for community fundraisers is administered by state-based bodies and at the local council level. The following list contains links to your state-based regulatory authority.

It is incumbent upon all community and grassroots organisations to understand food-safety regulations. If in any doubt, use your local council as your first port of call and the links below for reference.


Department of Health—Food-fundraisers–October-2011-


NSW Food Authority


Queensland Health

South Australia

Department of Health

Western Australia

Contact your local council’s Environmental Health Officer if in doubt over food safety regulations.


Department of Health and Human Services


ACT Health

Northern Territory

Department of Health


Leave a Comment